(709) 727-4705 info@nlbia.ca


Basic Board and Lodging Benefit (Government of Newfoundland and Labrador)

Provides a basic board and lodging payment on behalf of adults with disabilities living with their own or other families. Eligibility is based on the individual’s income. For more information call or visit websites as listed below.

Board and Lodging Supplement (Relatives and Non-Relatives) (HCS)

Provides additional financial assistance to adults with disabilities who need more than the basic monthly rate to live with relatives or non-relatives. It is available to adults with disabilities (aged 18-64) who are eligible for, or are receiving, board and lodging from Advanced Education and Skills. For more information or to apply call one of the Regional Health Authority telephone numbers below.

Regional Health Authorities

Eastern Health Authority
St. John’s: (709) 752-4800
Rural Avalon: (709) 759-3354
Bonavista, Clarenville: (709) 468-5243
Burin: (709) 891-5025
Website: www.easternhealth.ca

Central Health Authority
Gander: (709) 651-3306
Grand Falls – Windsor: (709) 489-8150
Website: www.centralhealth.nl.ca

Western Health Authority
Corner Brook: (709) 637-5000
Stephenville: (709) 643-8700
Website: www.westernhealth.nl.ca

Labrador-Grenfell Health Authority
St. Anthony: (709) 454-3333
Happy Valley – Goose Bay: (709) 897-2000
Web: www.lghealth.ca

Other Special Needs Funding (Government of Newfoundland and Labrador)

Provides money for other minor expenses so a person with a disability can make their home more accessible or make minor household repairs. For more information or to apply call one of the Regional Health Authority telephone numbers.

Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program – RRAP for Persons with Disabilities (Federal)

The Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program – RRAP for Persons with Disabilities provides funding to homeowners and landlords of dwellings for low-income persons with disabilities so that they can carry out renovations to improve accessibility. Delivered by: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).

Eligibility Information:

  • Homeowner eligibility is based on household income and the cost of the renovations.
  • The value of the house must not exceed a set amount.
  • Landlord eligibility is based on the rent and the tenant’s household income.
  • Dwellings must meet minimum health and safety stand.

Newfoundland and Labrador Housing has the following programmes available:

Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Programs

For more information please see the links below:

For regional housing enquiries, other than application status, please contact your local regional office:
Avalon Regional Office: (709) 724-3000
Corner Brook: (709) 639-5201
Gander: (709) 256-1300
Goose Bay: (709) 896-1920
Grand Falls-Windsor: (709) 292-1000
Marystown: (709) 279-5375
Stephenville: (709) 643-6826